Friday, January 13, 2012

Scarves (Infinity and Regular)

I have been wanting an infinity scarf for a while now, but now wanting to pay what they were charging for them, so I decided to make one for myself.  I absolutely love how it turned out.  Here is a picture of the finished scarf. 
The fabric that I used is flannel and came from Hobby Lobby.  I started out by cutting four strips of fabric at a size of 7 1/2 inches wide and 38 inches long.
I then put two of the strips together with wrong sides facing and sewed up the two sides and one end.  Once finished sewing, I used the open end to turn the fabric inside out and did this for the other two pieces of material also.
Now, you need to connect the two pieces of fabric together.  Be sure to pin the edges up on the inside, so you will have a clean line.  Once this is ready, simply sew across to attach the two pieces of material together.  Once that is attached, you can roll the fabric around and sew up the other end so that you have a loop of fabric.  This is what makes this an infinity scarf.
 After making this scarf, I decided to make another scarf with some red flannel material that I found at JoAnns.  For this one, I wanted to make it a regular scarf, so I followed the steps above, but I did not attach the scarf at both ends.  The open ends were tucked together and sewn and that finished the scarf off.

4 comments:

DIANA L. said...

great idea!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These scarfs are great! Love the fabric! My little one received one for Xmas and she uses it to carry her doll in, while sporting it as a very cool scarf!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Angi Barrs said...

Love these!

Valerie said...

Love this, I am seeing those scarves everywhere, even in Phoenix;)