Sunday, November 13, 2011

Vinyl Signs

I have been working on some items for Christmas Presents this weekend, so I wanted to share some vinyl signs that I made with you.  I bought the white wood for the signs at Hobby Lobby.  They are $4.99 and already have the hooks for hanging them on the back.  They are 17 inches wide and 4 inches tall, so they make a decent sized sign without being too big.

The first one I made for my grandparents.  I left the sign white and used black vinyl to decorate it.  The font I used on this sign is from the Storybook Cricut Cartridge and the two accents on the sides are from the Tie the Knot Cartridge.  Once the vinyl was applied, I put a coat of Mod Podge over the top to seal the sign.

The second sign is for my aunt.  Her kitchen is decorated in red, so I spray painted the sign red to begin with and then used black vinyl for the lettering.  I used the Storybook Cricut Cartridge for the letters, the Don Juan Cartridge for the accent mark, and the From My Kitchen Cartridge for the forks.  I then applied a coat of Mod Podge to seal the sign.

7 comments:

Cricut Couple said...

These are AWESOME! I love all of the details!

Audrey Frelx said...

Jean, these are so cute!!! Cricut Couple is right -- AWESOME!!!

Kel said...

I just love to play with vinyl. In fact I've done a few creations over the last few days, I'll have to get them posted on serenity scrappers. I'm trying to decide on a sentiment for my bathroom as I have this huge plain wall that is just begging for some vinyl.. LOL. Nice job on your projects!!!

Angi Barrs said...

Super fabulous job! Must get some vinyl. :)

Rhonda Emery said...

these are some very cute signs what a great gift idea

Besthobbyeva said...

Nothing like homemade gifts, they mean so much! You did a great job with both!

Laurie

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These are great gifts!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com