Wednesday, June 22, 2011

CWC Challenge 35: Watermelon: Design Team Project

It's Wednesday and time for a new challenge over at Cooking with Cricut! This week we are celebrating "National Watermelon Seed Spittin' Day" with a watermelon challenge.  Be sure to use your Cricut and a watermelon on your project.  Stop by to see all of the projects by the design team and enter the challenge here: http://www.cookingwithcricut.com/.

I made a shape card for my aunt's birthday for my project.  I used the Simply Charmed Cartridge and my Gypsy to weld two watermelons together.  I added some googly eyes, faux stitching and a little premade bow to the card to dress it up.  I also used a clear glitter pen to go over the pink areas so they would shimmer.  The inside says "Have a sweet birthday!"


I am also entering this into the following challenge:
Simply Sundat at Getting Cricky with K. Andrews: Face it (must include a face): http://www.gettingcricky.com/2011/06/simply-sunday-shine-on-world-needs-your.html

15 comments:

Tosha said...

SO SWEET!!!!

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Love your watermelon. So cute. The bow makes it perfect. :)

Rhonda Emery said...

cutest watermelon ever. love the face and bow.

Unknown said...

cute cute watermelon!! How yummy!!

Thanks for joining us at Getting Cricky's Simply Sunday Face It challenge!

kathy
GCDTM
www.scrappingfelkatz.blogpsot.com

Squirlygirl said...

Super cute card! I love the googly eyes, lol, they always make me smile! I'm sure your Aunt will love this card. TFS and joining us at Getting Cricky this week!
~Hugs~
Becky- Getting Cricky DTM
www.squirlygirlcreations.blogspot.com

Aim said...

Jean, your watermelon card is absolutely PRECIOUS!! I love, love, LOVE it!! :) YUM!!

Thanks so much for sharing your talent in the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge this week!! :)

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
Getting Cricky DTM

Theresa said...

Way Cute! Gotta love the shaped cards, good job!

Besthobbyeva said...

So adorable, I love the little bow, so cute!!

Jen said...

Too cute, Jean! Love the sparkle and that cute little face. Your Aunt will love it!

~ Jen, CWC DT

scrapperbecka said...

Awesome card! I like how the bow just totally brings the project together. TFS
Great job and thanks for playing along with us.
Becka
Getting Cricky DTM
www.creationswithbecka.blogspot.com

Audrey Frelx said...

How cute!

Crafting Misfit said...

I love this card. Hard to pick my favorite part but I would say for sure it is the cheeks!

Thanks for joining us at Getting Cricky
Rebecca "Crafting Misfit"
craftingmisfit.blogspot.com

JulieK said...

What a happy little watermelon- she's so cute!

Thanks for linking up with Getting Cricky!

JulieK- Getting Cricky DTM
http://jk-littlebitofbling.blogspot.com/

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So sweet, love her hair bow!

Kathy said...

This is so darn cute, I love the bow! Great job! Good Luck!
Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
Hugs :),
Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
http://the3esblog.blogspot.com