Saturday, March 19, 2011

Wampa Sony Reader Cover

I am so excited about how this turned out.  I wanted to make a holder for my Sony Reader.  I thought it would be really cute to make the front look like a Wampa from Star Wars.  
To make this, I started with: A mini purse from Hobby Lobby, red felt, black felt, brown felt, white stiff felt, solid black eyes, craft fur, scissors, marker, hot glue gun, and dremel tool.

I cut the handles/string off of the mini purse and then used a marker to outline the back of the fur to fit over one size of the purse.  I then cut the fur so it would be able to fit the purse.
Next, use the dremel to remove the backs of the eyse.  These eyes are Animal Eyes from Hobby Lobby and they have long screws on the back, so you need to make them flat to attach to the fur.

Next, use the felt to make the mouth and the horns out of fur.  I layed them out onto the fur to get the sizing and placement correct.  Finally, I hot glued all of the pieces together and then attached them to the front of the fur with glue.
Once the glue was set, I hot glued the entire piece to the front of the mini purse. Here is a view of the back which has a zipper and the Sony Reader fits right inside.


I am linking this up here:
craft



7 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

I don't know what a Wampa is, but he sure is cute!

Bunnyfreak said...

Love that there are other crafty Star Wars fans.

Audrey Frelx said...

Jean, you always come up with something different!!! This is super cute!

Besthobbyeva said...

Adorable! Great job, so out of the box, but that is you!!

Laurie

Valerie said...

Adorable, great cover!

Stacy said...

Jean,
Oh my gosh, I love this. It is absolutely adorable
Hugs
Stacy

Angi Barrs said...

Wow Jean....Love this project. :)