Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Graphic 45 Decorated Box

Over at the Creative Cutter Room, they are having a challenge to use Graphic 45 paper right now.  I just recently found a few of these at the local craft store and have been wanting to use them, so this was the perfect opportunity.  You can check the CCR out here: http://www.creativecutter.org/.

I decided to alter a small box to use for sewing needles and thread. 
I started out with a wooden box from Hobby Lobby, I sheet of Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante sheet of 12x12 paper, Folkart Acrylic Buttercream paint (used as a base coat), Pure Bronze Craft Paint (used as a top coat) and a Crackle Medium (I actually used this as a varnish for the top and not for crackle).
After the box was completely dry, I cut strips out of the paper to fit on the top, sides, front and back of the box from the sheet of paper.  I tried to cut the images that had dress forms and seemed to go with the sewing them.  I then used mod podge to attach these to the box and to coat them also.

Here are some more views of the box.



 Here is the box with some needles and thread inside.

7 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Hi Jean! This is great! I love how you used the paper, and it is beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Creative Cutter Room! Good Luck in the challenge! DT Member Carri

Kel said...

Totally awesome box.. I jus saw that challenge..its a goodie!

Audrey Frelx said...

Love your altered box, Jean. Love the old-fashioned look of it!!! I can't believe I found some old-old sewing books and patterns with graphics similar to these and I threw it all away!!! Where was my mind!!!

Cathie Rigby said...

This is a great project-I love that it has a practical use. Thanks so much for sharing it in the Creative Cutter Room. Hugs Cathie

Stacy said...

Jean,
I love your box. It turned out great
Hugs
Stacy

Besthobbyeva said...

Adorable, I just love the vintage feel of this box! Great job!!

Rhonda Emery said...

tfs this box is amazing. I love it.