Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 18 of 20 Days of Christmas: Reindeer Picture Frame

For Day 18, I have a reindeer picture frame to share with you.

I started out with a wooden picture frame from Michaels and used Krylon brown spray paint to cover the frame.

Next, I used the Paper Dolls Dress Up cartridge to cut the riedeer.  I stretched the reindeer in the gypsy to get the antlers as large as I needed them.

Then, I took the antlers and laid them on the back of my frame to determine where they needed to be glued.  I used a pencil to trace them and then put the hot glue directly onto the frame before attaching the antlers.

I then used hot glue to attach two google eyes and a red pom pom for the nose.

To finish the frame off, I added some a holly leaf and berries from the plastic plant piece that I had used on the snowman books.

Now, I put a piece of glitter cardstock in the frame and it is ready to add a Christmas picture to.

I am linking this up here:




10 comments:

Monica said...

OMG!!! This is great!! It definitely brought a smile to my face!! I just love it!

Rose said...

What a great and clever idea! I love this, adorable!! Happy Holidays!!

Besthobbyeva said...

Where do you find the time? This is so adorable! I love it! My son would love this!

Donene said...

Just adorable! thanks for your nice comments.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So super cute, love his red nose!

Rhonda Emery said...

so cute. I want to thank you for all the wonderful things you gave away in your stockings.
I love them all how sweet of you. My granddaughter gets so excited over these packages. thank you so much hugs

Jean said...

So glad you got it and liked everything Rhonda!

Stef said...

So adorable!!
Stef

Anonymous said...

oh this is absolutely precious and adorable! love this idea!! Thanks so much for linking up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings & make sure to come back next week! www.ladybug-blessings.com

Lisa said...

I love this reindeer picture frame.