Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 17 of 20 Days of Christmas: Snowman Candy Bars

For Day 17, I dressed up some larger Hershey bars to look like snowmen.  These are very simple to make and they are great little gifts.  I made these to give to one of my friends little boys with their gifts.
I started out with a large Hershey bar and used white cardstock to make a pouch around them that the candy bar can slide in and out of.

Now, to make the snowman's hat I took a child's Christmas Sock and placed it around the top of the candy bar.

Next, I used George and Basic Shapes to cut the circles for the eyes and mouth and Doodlecharms for the nose.  I used a white pen to add details in the eyes and a glitter pen to make the nose sparkle.  Once these were finished, I glued them onto the paper.
For the scarf, I took a piece of felt and cut it to form a scarf.  I cut one long piece and then glued a smaller piece to the top for the folded part of the scarf.  Then, I glued it to the paper.
Once they are finished, you can easily slide the candy bar in and out of the package and keep the snowman even after you eat the candy.


I am linking this up here:

8 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

oh wow just too cute. they will adore them

Monica said...

This is too cute Jean!! I love the baby sock idea!!! TFS.

Besthobbyeva said...

Soo cute the kids will love these!

Unknown said...

You have the best ideas! I added as a follower after the crawl but now I've added you as one od my star favorite pages. Thanks!

Beckie Williams said...

Jean these are so super cute. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing your talent.

LesleyfromWI said...

Oh my gosh this is too cute! Thanks for sharing.

Rose said...

Cute!!! What a great idea,Snowman Candy Bars!!!This would be one of those great gift to have on hand.

Lisa said...

Cute covers for the chocolate bars.