Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Candy Cane Mice

My mom used to make these little mice out of felt for candy canes when I was in school and I saw some that were made on this blog last year http://crazy4crafting.blogspot.com/, so I figured I would try and make some.  My mom did them out of green and red felt, but I decided to make mine in the colors of actual mice. 
I used the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge for the tear drop shapes and the George and Basic Shapes cartridge for the circle for the nose.

Next, I marked where I wanted the slits for my candy canes with a pencil and then used an exacto knife to cut them.

Once the slits were cut, I put my mouse together. I layed the ears down on top of the body and traced them with a pencil exactly where I wanted them to be.  This way, I would know where to put the adhesive.
Once the mouse was assembled, I used a white pen to add faux stich lines around the ears, whiskars by the nose and eyelashes.  The eyes are black, flat backed pearls.  I thought they really looked like the little beady eyes that mice have.

I then put the candy cane through the slits in the mouse. You can position the mouse so the swirl part of the cane will look like his tail.


5 comments:

Monica said...

So cute!

Rhonda Emery said...

I think this is so cute.

Besthobbyeva said...

Super cute and I am not a fan of mice and I like these, lol!! Great job!!

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely adorable!!! TFS! -Sam :-)

shelly said...

these are adorable jean :)