Saturday, September 25, 2010

Teacher Gifts

I have been gone most of today and did not have time for any crafting, but I wanted to share something with you guys, so I decided to share a project that I did for Kaylee's Kindergarten teacher last year.  Her teacher loved frogs and had her room decorated with them, so that is how we came up with the frog theme.  I had a few more items, but can't find pics, so I may add more later, but here is what I have for now.

First, a notepad made on an acrylic picture frame.  I used paper in the frame part, stickers for the letters, score tape to secure the post it notes and hot glue to attach the frog button.

Next, a tissue holder.  This is one of the wooden ones that you can get at Hobby Lobby.  I painted it green and then used paper and wooden shapes to decorate it up.  I hand wrote her name on the label.  The paper used on this is from the DCWV School Days paper stack. The words ribbit are from the Animal Kingdom cart.

Next is another memo holder.  This is a coaster that is covered with paper and has a magnet on the back.  I then used a binder clip to add a mini post it note to it and glued a rubber button with a frog on it also.
I then made her a pocket calendar that I covered with a digitally designed piece that I made with the Scrapbook Factory Software and printed out.
And  I dressed up a bottle of hand sanitizer just a little by adding a computer generated label and a little bit of ribbon.

I made her a couple of other items, but I can't find the pics right now.  (Don't you hate when that happens)  Anyways, I will post them if I can figure out where they have run off to.

2 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

These are all really cute gifts; I know she just loved them all!

Besthobbyeva said...

I want to be a teacher just to get these gifts! Awesome job on all of them. So creative!!