Monday, September 20, 2010

Fall Picture Frame

Here is a picture before I added the vinyl to the outside.
Here is a closeup of the vinyl details.
The challenge at My Sherri Crafts this week is to make a project for Autumn.  I immediately thought of doing a picture frame.  The frame came from Walmart and was $3.  I then bought some sets of leaves from the dollar store to go on the inside.  I cut a piece of yellow glitter cardstock for the base of this and covered it in the leaves.  I just cut them off of the stems and placed them individually on my background paper.  Then, I used black vinyl and Gypsy Font to cut the title and adhere it to the outside of the glass on the frame.  I really like how this turned out and think I will have to make some more for other holidays as well.

Be sure to check out all of the other entries and great projects over at My Sherri Crafts here: http://myshericrafts.blogspot.com/

Update 9/26: I am linking this up to the Craft-O-Maniac Link Party.  You can find the blog here: http://craftomaniac.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Kel said...

LOVE THIS!! absolutely awesome!! Definately an idea you can use for other holidays your're right! Be sure to post it if you do!!

Jean said...

Thanks Kel. I will post them for sure.

Audrey Frelx said...

Jean, I love it!!! I think I'm going to do some too!!! I have a lot of bare walls that could use something pretty!

My Sheri CRAFTS said...

That is a great idea! I have those frames too and didn't know what to do with them?? Thanks for joining our challenge this week!

Scrapping Cat said...

Wow, this is so beautiful...I love it...you did an awesome job on it

Nicole said...

Jean, this is VERY nice! I've been wanting to do a project for my foyer. This is great inspiration.

Leslie said...

I even have some of those leaves!! TFS

Beckie Williams said...

What a beautiful frame. It turned out lovely, thanks for sharing your inspiration with us.