Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mouse and Cheese Box


On the cricut messageboard yesterday, I saw a post from the Bee Craftee blog that had a little box made with the mouse and cheese from Create a Critter. I thought it was adorable and decided I wanted to do my own take on this. I LOVE how it turned out. I think it is one of the cutest things I have made.

The box was made from a piece of 8 1/2" by 11" cardstock. I scored it on every side at 2 3/4" and cut the side lines so that I could fold it up into a box. I then cut a 1 1/2"x12" inch strip of black for the handle. I used the Martha Stewart Loopy Loop border punch on this and then added a strip of yellow down the middle. I used my white opaque marker to add stitch lines to the yellow on the handle and around the box. The mouse was cut at 3.5 and the cheese is 4.2. I designed these on the Gypsy and cut it twice to go on each end. The yellow circles on the side are from the cheese cuts.

I think this would be great to put some cheese crackers or something in for a gift. For right now, I guess I will just keep it, because I think it is so cute I don't want to part with it, lol.

1 comment:

Audrey Frelx said...

Jean, you always do the cutest crafts!!! That box is cute! Thanks for sharing!

Hugs!